Tuesday January 14
It’s official! I
finished signing all the legal paperwork and paid the bulk of our fees. Teagen is now officially our child. We need to stay in Wuhan until Friday when
we’ll get he passport. Since we have no
commitments tomorrow, I’ll likely try some sightseeing. There are 4 other adoptive families at our
hotel, so I think I’ll talk with some of them tomorrow at breakfast and see if
I can tag along if they are doing an outing.
One or 2 of the families with younger children were considering going to
visit the orphanage. Since Teagen was
only in the orphanage for a few months over 4 years ago, I decided not to
request a visit.
During the past 24 hours I’ve started to see Teagen’s
personality. Here are some things I’ve
learned:
1. She is very talkative. Even though I don’t know what she is saying,
she just keeps talking.
2. She is smart. I’m pretty sure she can read Chinese as she
points to characters and tells me what they mean (or so I assume).
3. Her foster sister, who is 20, also began teaching her
some English. She knows the beginning of
the ABC’s and can count to 5 (then skips to 11). She points to English words and wants me to
tell her the letters.
4. She likes to be in
charge. For example, when coloring she
is quick to point out if I missed a spot and tell me what color to use where.
5. She loves the
iPad. Jigsaw puzzle apps are her
favorite so far.
6. She likes to play
ball, and can throw pretty well. Good
news for Wyatt!
7. Her foster mother
had packed a bag full of some of her favorite snacks. This included Cheetos, Chip-A-Hoy cookies.
And MANY packages of dry cellophane thin sea weed.
8. She is a great
sleeper. She is taking her afternoon nap as I type this. Even after her 2 hour nap yesterday, she
easily was in bed around 8:30.
9. She is
active. Even at dinner she didn’t sit
still. She would shove a spoonful of
rice in her mouth and then get up to re-arrange all the silverware on the
table.
10. She is very
brave. I am amazed at how well she is
handling this change so far.

Thank you for sharing your journey. I advocated for this beauty and then lost track of her. I am sooooo happy to see her with her family!!! Happy Day!!!!
ReplyDelete