Thursday 1-16
This morning Teagen and I took a taxi to the Hubei
Provincial Museum. Supposedly this is among the greatest museums in China, but
as you may expect it wasn’t all that appealing to a 4 year old. Our visit there lasted only an hour. The most impressive items were large sets of
two-tone bells; apparently they sometimes have bell concerts too. Teagen kept
pulling me towards the escalators and doors. She was happy to be outside and
run around. We walked a bit along East
Lake, the largest lake in the city.
Lunch consisted of ramen noodles, Coke and a can of milk I
picked up at the shop down the street. I
have pretty much given up on trying to go out to eat. It may just be the current situation, but
Teagen has been picky about what she eats.
Today’s $2 lunch was the most successful. Usually at breakfast she’ll drink quite a bit
of milk; she prefers it hot with extra sugar. I can also get her to eat plain
white rice, though she has a tendency to put it in her mouth and not chew or
swallow it. She does love the cellophane
thin seaweed snacks her foster mom sent with her. I’m choosing to believe this counts as a
vegetable. There is clearly some fish
flavor in there too; honestly, I’m not fond of the smell.
It was great to talk to my boys on the phone this morning
(last night for them). I miss you tons,
Wyatt! I hope Isaac is feeling
better. Love you!

Kim,
ReplyDeleteI am so enjoying reading about your time with your new daughter in China!
We also consider the seaweed snacks a vegetable! You can buy them at Costco here as well as the Asian markets! Quite a few of the kids in my daughter's school also love them too!
Carrie Welch